Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

SIgnature Question. Is my pic too large?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 11:29 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIgnature Question. Is my pic too large?

I tried to add a picture to my signature. I reduced it to the recommended size but I don't see it in my posts. Did I do something wrong?

Old 03-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Signature size limits are 500x250 pixels, the best way to add it is use a host like photobucket or imageshack (both are free) and grab the direct link and use that in the IMG tags. If you still aren't seeing it, go to your User CP on the forums, find the subsection Edit Options, third section down on that page is Thread Display Options, make sure Show Signatures, Show Avatars, and Show Images are checked on, and save the changes to your profile.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:19 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Thanks. The pic I used is 297x249 pixels and all the options are enabled. Perhaps the size of the pic is borderline at 249 pixels.
I appreciate the suggestions.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:28 PM
strippedhemi
Veteran

I agree, pics are way to much of a pain in here. My sig pic is reduced to 50x50 and no matter what I try, url from picturetrail, IMG/ link, or download from my puter still gets me with upload failed. Even though the pic shows up fine in my UPC.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dsertdog56
Thanks. The pic I used is 297x249 pixels and all the options are enabled. Perhaps the size of the pic is borderline at 249 pixels.
I appreciate the suggestions.
If you get the direct link to your picture you can put it into your sig using this code:

Code:
[img]http://yourpicturelinkgoeshere[/img]
Or if that's confusing at all post a link to the picture you want and I'll post the exact code you can just copy and paste into your sig

strippedhemi: That doesn't sound like anything the forum software is doing, where is your picture hosted?

Quick Reply: SIgnature Question. Is my pic too large?