Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

how do u post pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 05:43 AM
dodgeorgethit
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why bother having a manage attachments??

1 picture is pretty useless

Old 12-19-2011, 01:40 PM
rapidtransitric
Rookie
Angry

glad its not just me

Old 12-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rapidtransitric
glad its not just me
What are you having trouble with?

Old 12-20-2011, 03:17 PM
rapidtransitric
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
well on other sights i've always used the manage attachments link to browse over to my pictures. and could load picture after picture. here i could only load one picture no matter how condensed it was and kept getting the message that i met my quota. i have never had to use photobucket, imageshack, or any thing else

Old 12-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
Originally Posted by rapidtransitric
well on other sights i've always used the manage attachments link to browse over to my pictures. and could load picture after picture. here i could only load one picture no matter how condensed it was and kept getting the message that i met my quota. i have never had to use photobucket, imageshack, or any thing else
Not all sites are the same with regards to file management. It is dependent on the size (i.e., number of users, bandwidth) and ultimately the owner.

You didn't mention what the other site was so its difficult to understand if you are making a fair comparison. There are large sites that offer uploading to their site with larger quotas.

Honestly, the best option is to just have your own account to hold such image files. That way you always have access to them, whereas over time, uploading to the site (via their chosen forum script) makes it more of a challenge to find the images, much less reuse them in other posts/threads. With your own account you can reuse the URLs to those images over and over and over.

ps. More infor on this topic specific to DFs methods from the FAQ section:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/faq.php...b3_attachments

Old 12-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Click User CP - pictures and albums (under networking on the left) - Click on the album you've created (or add album if you haven't) - upload pictures (top left). You can upload three pictures at a time. Your pictures will most likely look better if you resize them yourself with MS Paint using the instructions in post #10.
The dimensions are Maximum File Size per Picture 195.3 KB Maximum Picture Dimensions 800 by 600 Pixels

If you're talking about putting a picture in a post then it's too slow and restricted to attach them to a post instead of hosting them on flickr or photobucket then just linking to them.

Quick Reply: how do u post pics