Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Somebody help me.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 05:33 PM
vbryant38
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somebody help me.

Last night I got into my car, I was parked slightly uphill. I turned the key and the car began like it was going to crank, but didn't. I turned the key again, and the car did not start, but I smell alot of gas, like it flooded. I waited for about three minutes, and started the car again, it cranked, and I made it home. This morning when I cranked the car, two lights remained on, the electronic throttle control light, and the malfunction indicator light. I found some information online about the electronic throttle control and whats going on with that, but can someone tell be what does the malfunction indicator light means, what would make this light come on.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:39 PM
jodine_lorynp

Hi, I have the same problem except my nitro 2008 wont turnover and wont stop until the key is in the off position........any advice would be awesome!

Old 01-10-2013, 11:11 PM
baileysoffroad
Veteran

Originally Posted by vbryant38
Last night I got into my car, I was parked slightly uphill. I turned the key and the car began like it was going to crank, but didn't. I turned the key again, and the car did not start, but I smell alot of gas, like it flooded. I waited for about three minutes, and started the car again, it cranked, and I made it home. This morning when I cranked the car, two lights remained on, the electronic throttle control light, and the malfunction indicator light. I found some information online about the electronic throttle control and whats going on with that, but can someone tell be what does the malfunction indicator light means, what would make this light come on.
Would be helpful to know what car you have...without any info one thing i can suggest is that if you have an auto zone or similar parts store around you they will hook a scanner up and give you the code and description of what is going on. Essentially your car is trying to tell you something lol.

Originally Posted by jodine_lorynp
Hi, I have the same problem except my nitro 2008 wont turnover and wont stop until the key is in the off position........any advice would be awesome!
Wont turn over at all? Is the battery charged? again...need more info..

if you cant get the car to a place that can give you the codes....some of these cars will give you the codes displayed on the odometer screen if you cycle the key from off to on position (not start position) 3 to 5 times...you could try that...

..once you get the codes you will know how to proceed...but more information on your cars will help others chime in here.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:15 AM
jodine_lorynp
Default all fixed now...

Thanks for the reply, have found out that the car wouldn't turnover due to faulty fuel gage telling me I had petrol when there was actually none. Also got code P0522 which required a new oil sensor.
Hopefully this helps anyone that has this issue

Old 01-14-2013, 01:26 AM
baileysoffroad
Veteran

Well glad to see your all fixed up..thanks for posting back your solution...im sure it will help someone in the future.

Dont forget the check out the ROTM thread and make a vote.