Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

250 Ram van not getting any fuel

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 09:11 PM
JustinPeel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250 Ram van not getting any fuel

Hello once again, i hope that life is treating you all well.

First is that every once in awhile, my van stops getting fuel from the fuel pump.

This has been an ongoing problem, it is a 1992 250 ram, (an old telephone repair truck)
I replaced the fuel pump.. worked for awhile
replaced the filter too... sigh
When that wasnt the solution, had the relay replaced... worked for awhile
then it seemed to be wiring, whenever i crawled underneath it, and jiggled it around where the harness connects, it would work again. then I noticed that the harness coupler was in bad shape, so i cut the wires and wired them directly [IMG]
that also worked for awhile...
then it died on me a couple of times, always the same thing, no fuel from the pump, and if i let it sit for hours, or even overnight, it would start again.
It has two lines, and i cut the hose and put fresh clamps around them.
Now is sits in a driveway, and refuses to cooperate.

Please..

Where can i find a complete list of things to check for this problem. from fuses to fuel pump. it would help if they also told me how to check it....

p.s. (am i asking too much for diagrams.??? lol)

Thank you very much for your time and effort...

Glenn Beacj

Old 04-12-2004, 09:53 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 250 Ram van not getting any fuel

Justin, have you looked up your vehicle/problem on the "Google" internet search engine? If I were you I'd try typing in short phrases describing your vehicle and the problem...you might be surprised at what you find! And don't give up after the first website, sometimes it takes several look-see's to find what you need. BTW, I found the complete service manual for my SRT-4 on the internet...for free. Good luck!!![sm=smiley16.gif]

Quick Reply: 250 Ram van not getting any fuel