Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Character limit ARGHHH!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 07:35 PM
06MNRT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Character limit ARGHHH!

Can we raise the character limit for our signatures? As I add mods I like to add them to my sig but the system cuts off my signature and it looks a little goofy (see below).

Also, with such a limit in place, we can;t use HTML or forum code to personalize it (like bold, or colored fonts).

Thanks!

Old 04-25-2006, 08:36 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: Character limit ARGHHH!

ORIGINAL: 06MNRT

Can we raise the character limit for our signatures? As I add mods I like to add them to my sig but the system cuts off my signature and it looks a little goofy (see below).

Also, with such a limit in place, we can;t use HTML or forum code to personalize it (like bold, or colored fonts).

Thanks!
2 things...

1. Your signature picture has exceeded the maximum size allowed. The maximum size allowed is 500x250.

2. I can understand your desire to list your mods, but you also chose to have a picture. The best solution to this is to simply create a virtual garage or a cardomain page and simply link it in your signature like I do mine. You could easily do that.

Old 04-25-2006, 09:39 PM
06MNRT
Professional

I tried trimming it down, it came out to 500 X 350. I'll trim it back 100.

But one thing has nothing to do with the other. The text below is simply... text. It doesn't take any longer for the page to load if I write "I like cars" or if I write the entire contents of Moby Dick. A large image causes the site to slow a little, but text does not. Even if I eliminated my image that would only free up what... 40 characters for text. Out of all the fora I post on, this is the onlt one that restricts you like this.

Why is there a limit on text?

Old 04-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for attempting to resize your pic. Just list the mods on the picture. LOTS of people do that.

~Amanda

Quick Reply: Character limit ARGHHH!