Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

VERY new new guy !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VERY new new guy !!

Hey gang !!

I'm not only new here, but I'm also kinda new to computers and forums. ( That's NEW x 3 !! ) Until now, the only forum I've participated in is the Playstation forum.

Anyway ....

I've got a couple of questions that I'd like to ask since I haven't found the answers on my own yet.

Bear with me ...

Is there a way to float a post that you really like? Meaning .... If I found a post that I want to keep at the top of the page for future reference can I do it? How?

I'm also a little confused as to what all of the little symbols around a topic are. I see arrows, question marks, thumbs, ect but have no clue what they mean or why they are there. I also see a yellow dot sometimes folowing a topic, what is that?

I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but I'll start with these. This forum is awesome and I'm looking forward to participating, I just need a little help getting started.

Thanks in advance !!

Old 08-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: VERY new new guy !!

Any help for the new guy yet ??

I'm also confused about the picture thing. I've done a resize on them and figured out how to get them into my profile, but there's one picture that fits fine in my pictures section, but when I try to post the pic itself it says it's too big. I don't get it ... the others post fine. What am I missing or doing wrong ?

Old 08-19-2006, 03:40 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Is there a way to float a post that you really like? Meaning .... If I found a post that I want to keep at the top of the page for future reference can I do it? How?
The only way for a post to be stickied to the top is to ask a moderator, which looks like in your case would be "Drew"... The only other thing I could suggest is adding a link to your favorites...

I'm also a little confused as to what all of the little symbols around a topic are. I see arrows, question marks, thumbs, ect but have no clue what they mean or why they are there. I also see a yellow dot sometimes folowing a topic, what is that?
Those are simply icons a person can chose to express how they feel on the subject they post... If it's a joke, you might see"" and so on...

And to the best of my knowledge, I believe the yellow dots mean that in that thread, there is a relatively new post...

And welcome to DF my friend!

Old 08-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Thanks for getting back to me !!

I kinda figured the icons were just suggestions, but I wanted to make sure. The two collum thing still has me confused.

I'm not looking to have something floated for everyone to see, just for my own reference. On the playstation forums ( where I spend ENTIRELY too much time ... lol ) you can float any topic and keep it at the top and it'll only appear that way on YOUR screen. It's pretty cool and I just didn't know if it could be done here as well.

Thanks for the warm welcome. These forums are really cool as well and I'm looking forward to hanging out for a while.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:33 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You can subcribe to a thread, but I don't believe you can do the same thing that you do on the PS forums...