Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

problems connecting to the internet

Old 10-29-2006, 01:19 PM
89 dakota
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems connecting to the internet

I don't know why this is always happening? My brother bought a new wireless router so we scraped the old one that was giving us problems. The same thing is happening all over again he can connect with his computer and lap top but i can't connect at all. I don't know why this is, it's been an on going problem for he and I. I always end up pluging directley into the cable modem and cutting him off when he's not here then he cuts me off when i'm not here. This is a real pain in the a$$. Once in a while i can connect through the router but only briefly like 5-10 min. Please help me!

Old 10-30-2006, 03:01 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: problems connecting to the internet

ORIGINAL: 89 dakota

I don't know why this is always happening? My brother bought a new wireless router so we scraped the old one that was giving us problems. The same thing is happening all over again he can connect with his computer and lap top but i can't connect at all. I don't know why this is, it's been an on going problem for he and I. I always end up pluging directley into the cable modem and cutting him off when he's not here then he cuts me off when i'm not here. This is a real pain in the a$$. Once in a while i can connect through the router but only briefly like 5-10 min. Please help me!
There are many things can could be factoring in here. If you really can connect for brief periods of time I would lean towards interference. Like a cordless phone. I am going to assume you are connecting at 54Mbps (G), try 11 Mbps (B), which will get you out of the 2.4GHz range which many cordless phones use. Also try unplugging your cordless phones just to see if it helps. Keeping in mind if you are in a apt it could be a neighbors phone. Also make sure your WAP antennas are parallel to each other, if it has two antennas.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: problems connecting to the internet