Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Rammer
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestion

I have a suggestion about your site. How about getting rid of all that pop-up crap when you close a window. I don't know who runs this site but that is frickin ridiculous. Over 100 pop-ups.......what for? S&G's? That is absolutely terrible, not to mention it crashed my server at work.
Thanks alot

Old 03-07-2007, 03:11 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Suggestion

that has nothing to do with the site, at all...you have spyware on your computer. closing this forum doesnt trigger other windows to open.

some advice is to pay attention to what opens when you close this window, and to run a spyware cleanerprogram...

Old 03-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Rammer
Rookie

OK, sorry about the rant, I'll look into it
Thanks

Old 03-07-2007, 08:14 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when i worked at the dealership, if i closed ANYTHING, a ton more windows would open...i assure you, there is no spyware opening programs for you from this site. we would never do that.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:13 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Ad-Aware is free and kills 99.99999% of the bad guys.........it's an easy and quick download.......

Dusty

Old 03-18-2007, 05:10 AM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

so does a proper hosts file as well as using firefox adblock and actually create a nice set of filters.
i dont have popups anymore, and I dont get many advertsing on 97% of sites anymore.

want to block alot of ads - download my personal hosts file. place file where your old one is-- read the hosts.text to see where., then remove the extention, backing up the old hosts by adding .bk or other extention

its about 320kb or something, truely worth a test anyways. you may result in alot of 'page cannot be displayed' for the ad pages, however that is only as you're not using the firefox popup and adblockers to their full capabilites.

download the hosts here
http://www.coresignsgraphics.com/hosts.txt

also for example of firefoxs' adblocks. i have 23003 ads blocked from autoforumuniverse.com/ads and i dont even go to afu....is DF using afu for advertising? the next closest adblock was 245, so almost 100x less ads than afu.

Quick Reply: Suggestion