Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Problems with MSN on Laptop

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Dakota_24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with MSN on Laptop

A couple of weeks ago I began to have problems with MSN and Messenger on my laptop; a day or soafter running Ad-Aware and McAfee. The first time using it after running those things; I got on, but noticed my messenger wasn't hooking up (X on messenger Icon), so I clicked on it to log on; in doing that MSN locked up. I then logged off, and tried it again; this time when logging on it ran really slow. After 10 minutes of trying to log on; I CTRL-ALT-DELETE'd out, and gave up.

I mentioned this problem to my cousin who is A+ Cert. I took it over there and had him take a look at it; then things came up and he wanted to keep it overnight. The next day he called me over to help him with something, and said that my laptop was done. I was thinking "o.k.; he fixed it". I asked him again if he fixed it?..."yup"; he said. Not even telling me everything he did, or was wrong.

I get home and put my laptop bag in my room; not even thinking about checking it out. Last night I decided I wanted just sit in my recliner, and be with my wife in the living room, so I got out my laptop. I logged on, and everything was fine; until I noticed the "X" the Messenger Icon. I clicked on it and again; my laptop...LOCKED UP!! UGHGHGH; I was pissed and still am! A+ Cert. my ***!!! He's just a glorified HACKER!

Can anyone please help me to figure out why it locks up? I would greatly appreciate it... It's pretty sad when you can depend more on complete strangers on a forum; than a family member!

Old 03-22-2007, 02:56 PM
mb18
Record Breaker
Default RE: Problems with MSN on Laptop

try this, first...uninstall MSN Messenger and then go and download the latest version and try to run that.

that might clear it up very easily, if not, i'll (or someone) will think of something else to try.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Dakota_24
Default RE: Problems with MSN on Laptop

Well; I fixed it last night and forgot to post. That is what happened though. I hadn't updated the latest version of Live Messenger, and since MSN didn't recognize it; it locked up.
Thanks for the help though. I don't know why I didn't get the update a long time ago, but now its fixed..Oh and I had to repair my e-mail after that for some reason. I had to use this: Regsvr32c:\progra~1\msn\msncorefiles\mailui.dll

Quick Reply: Problems with MSN on Laptop