Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

03 Intrepid, broken line.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 01:40 AM
Vale
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Intrepid, broken line.

Earlier today I bought some blue headlights, and while installing them I unbolted a part, my friend called it the ECG valve. Regardless, it had a very hard plastic line running from it, towards a little black box towards my tire well.

The line snapped when I moved the valve, when I started the engine, the line was sucking in air. I repaired it with a short section of rubber hose, which seems to be holding fine.

But I'm curious to what this line is, and if for some reason my repair fails, how serious of damage it could cause.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:56 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 03 Intrepid, broken line.

It's hard to say for sure without being there, but it sounds like the vacume control for the EGR valve solinoid. If so, the system is for emmisions (to make the car run with less noxious gasses out the tail pipe). In the old days, before many of the emmision laws that many states have applied, I have heard of people removing the system completely for better engine preformance. Yes, sad but true, your engine actually runs better without emmision systems.

Quick Reply: 03 Intrepid, broken line.