Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

2001 Intrepid Ignition Switch Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 06:32 PM
eggpike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Intrepid Ignition Switch Problem

We have a 2001 Intrepid ES, and, on occasion, the Air Bag light will come on, the PW will not work, the AC/Heater will not work, etc. When we jiggle and/or push in on the ignition key, many of the accessories will start working again. Do I need a new lock cylinder or is this the result of a loose wire? Any help would be truly appreciated!
Thanks!

Old 06-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: 2001 Intrepid Ignition Switch Problem

if u are having a prob with turning the key itself then yes need a key cyl rebuild if the key turns just fine then i would say u have an ign switch issue which is on the other side of the key cyl

Old 06-19-2007, 12:59 AM
eggpike

Thanks for the reply. The key turns fine, it just needs to be manipulated in order to establish an electical connection with the system so the accessories work. If this sounds like the ignition switch to you, is it easy to replace? I read the replacement steps for the lock cylinder and it seemed pretty simple. I would assume, if the ignition swith is in the steering column behind the cylinder, then it should be easy to swap out. Do you have any dignostics for the steering column?

Thanks again for all of your help!

Old 06-19-2007, 03:58 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain

its just on the other side of the column. U might need tamper proof screw driver though.

Quick Reply: 2001 Intrepid Ignition Switch Problem