Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

94 INTREPID SHUT'S OFF ON TURNS ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:26 PM
badboy22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 INTREPID SHUT'S OFF ON TURNS ???

My daughter has a 94 intrepid , she tell's me every once in awhile she turns left or right the car shut's off. Someone told her that this might be caused by a faulty fuel pump. I was thinking more on the line's of a bad flip over shut off swicth to the tank ! Can anyone confirm or deny and or possibly help me , My granddaughter is very priceless to me.

thanks Vinn

Old 08-25-2007, 02:32 PM
phogjr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 94 INTREPID SHUT'S OFF ON TURNS ???

Vinn,

Did you check this recall?

NHTSA campaign number:
94V024000

Defective part or component:
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRING
THE RIGHT STEERING TIE ROD CAN RUB THROUGH THE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WIRING HARNESS CAUSING A SHORT CIRCUIT WHICH RESULTS IN ELECTRICAL SYSTEM MALFUNCTIONS INCLUDING ENGINE STALLING AND AN INOPERATIVE PARK/STARTER INTERLOCK SYSTEM. ELECTRICAL SYSTEM MALFUNCTION CAUSING STALLING WHILE IN MOTION OR AN INOPERATIVE PARK/STARTER INTERLOCK SYSTEM, WHICH ALLOWS ENGINE START WHILE THE TRANSMISSION IS NOT IN THE PARK POSITION, MAY RESULT IN AN ACCIDENT. INSTALL A REVISED WIRING HARNESS BRACKET AND A PLASTIC CONVOLUTED SLEEVE TO PROTECT THE TRANSMISSION WIRING HARNESS.

Paul

Quick Reply: 94 INTREPID SHUT'S OFF ON TURNS ???