Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

Noisy power outlet in my '01...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 07:05 PM
teskopal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noisy power outlet in my '01...

I'm using a Plug and Play XM receiver in my '01 Intrepid. I invested a lot of time and effort into a professional-look install, complete with an expensive Belkin cable from the tuner to the AUX jack on my aftermarket stereo. When I tried to plugtheXMinto each of the 12V outlets, though, I got a significant hum (louder/higher pitched with higher RPMs). I'm assuming it's a loose ground somewhere...can anyone suggest any good candidates to check first, and tell me exactly where they are? I change my own oil, but this is a little beyond my comfort zone!

Many thanks, in advance. At the moment I'm powering the unit from a jump starter (with a 12V outlet) which I keep on the passenger side floor. I've achieved perfect sound this way, butI'd rather much power through the car, not least of all because the unit can then power on and off with the ignition.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:07 PM
teskopal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Noisy power outlet in my '01...

(And hi, by the way... I'm happy to have found the forum and hope to have much to contribute in the coming months!) --Tom

Quick Reply: Noisy power outlet in my '01...