Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

floorboard full of water

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 01:42 PM
dixond72
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default floorboard full of water

while i was sweeping 02 detrepid i noticed the carpet was a little wet. After pulling the seat and pealing the carpet back the whole floor board is full of water, I see no obvious signs of leakage. without removing the center console and pass seat and all the trim molding does anyone have any sugestions or does anyone have any experience with the same. thanks

Old 05-24-2008, 07:12 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Default RE: floorboard full of water

If you have recently been running yourAC (or defrost), you probably have the moisture drain plugged up with mold. It will cause the moisture that normaly drains outside to build up, then it overflows and makes a big mess! You can try running the AC, and watch outside to see if it starts dripping on the ground. If not, it's probally plugged.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:59 PM
dixond72

I thought of that but wouldnt that be on the pass side? and I have not had the A/C on yet this year. I washed, waxed and vaced a couple of weeks ago and had no water at that time If i cant figure it out i will take it to the dealer.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:12 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker

I think the blower sits near to the center so it may be on the driver side, however in your original post you didn't specify a side! As I mentioned before, defrost (defog) also runs the AC. A quick test to see if your drain is plugged or a trip to the dealer...hum; I think I'd try the test first!!

Of course if it has an antifreeze smell, you may have a bad heater core. How is your coolant level?

Kurt

Quick Reply: floorboard full of water