Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

Car won't start....help

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 11:35 AM
coopd3ville
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't start....help

I went out to my 2004 dodge intrepid this morning after a pretty cold night (I think it was single digets out overnight). I put the key in the ignition, the normal lights came on after the first turn of the key. But when I tried to turn it over and start my car all it would do is click. I don't know what is wrong. Was it to cold out and that effected the battery, is it the starter, the solonoid, a bad connection somewhere.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Kindschi
Veteran

Check your battery, make sure + and - Wires are tight on the terminals. If they are and the car still wont start. Then I would suggest you take the battery out and go to an auto parts store (auto zone, wal mart) and have them test the battery. Cold weather is a battery killler. It is possible to charge the battery back up and it will be fine or you could have a dead cell. The test the store preforms will tell you if you need a new one or not, buts odds are you will.
I just had to put a new one in my explorer, got cold and battery took a dump, I could jump start it but after sitting all night it would just click when I went to fire it up, replaced battery and everything is all good.

Report back and let me know if you had to get a new one or not.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:42 AM
coopd3ville

Thanks for the info Kindschi. I got home yesterday, had my neighbor jump me and my car started right up. I left it on for like 25 - 30 mins in an attempt to have it recharge the battery somewhat. I shut it off and start it again to make sure that it would start. I went out this morning to start my car, last night was cold as well, and the same problem happened. I am going to pick up a battery tonight on my way home from work and install it.
From what I have online and in the manual, to access the battery I have to remove my passanger tire. That is going to be fun. Seriously who designed that one?? Why can't anything be accessable in that engine.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Kindschi
Veteran

Yea its a crappy design! I never understood while the battery of all things they would put behind the fender but at least you only have to remove the tire and not the whole fender.