Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Joellennium
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question

I have a 2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 3.2 V6 I have a problem with starting. I turn the key to start it cranks over and over and over and wont start but if you turn it over long enough it will finally start and it is rough start at that. But if you simply just turn the key to the off position and try starting it again it starts just fine like there was nothing wrong. The car does not smoke. This happens all the time just about every time unless it is warm... you can let it sit a half hour to an hour before it has the same problem. I have changed the spark plugs and the coils. I run Royal Purple for the oil and use Lucas fuel additive.. I have used sea foam also and still no improvement. I feel that the engine runs smooth and strong when it is running no shuddering or rough idle and no hesitation. I hope I have explained things clear enough... Thanks

Quick Reply: Question