Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

Random Stalling

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 10:19 PM
PosIntrepids
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random Stalling

Ok, so I bought a '99 Intrepids for my wife and get to drive it for about a week before we both learn something about Intrepids. The 2.7 engines are quite possibly the biggest piecses of crap to ever roll out of Chrysler. The car stalls at stops, misses randomly and now the oil light keeps coming on and blinking. It has oil in it, the cam and crank sensors are new as well as the spark plugs. The IAC solenoid is working properly and the oxygen sensors and temp sensor are new. Checked the timing and found it to be spot on and the guides have been replaced. I really can't afford another car, so aside from swapping in a 3.3 or 3.5 what are your thoughts about fixing this??

Old 12-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Garyp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dode stalls and oil light comes on

Don't know about the stalling but my oil light was coming on at idle only-found out there had been a sevice bulletin about it and that the dealer had "the fix" for $30--got it and had it put on and it did nothing..Be sure to use the recommended 5W-30 oil, change oil every 2500-3000 miles and drive it..Mine quit coming on--car has 118,000 miles on it and has never had a wrench on it(2000 Intrepid with 2.7)

Quick Reply: Random Stalling