Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

dash lights, but no starter crank

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 04:56 PM
jamally
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash lights, but no starter crank

my intrepid has power, but the starter doen't crank. i put a jumper to the soleniod wire, and it cranks right up. but when i turn the key, i got dash ligkts, but no starter action. i leave the key on, jump the solenoid wire to my battery, car starts right up.. and idles beautifully. is there a fuse, or nuetral switch somewhere?
I just put a transaxle in the car, but had this starter crank problem before
i swapped trannys. a starting circuit chart would be great..... any suggestions....,,, 95 intrepid - floor shift --

Old 11-01-2011, 05:58 PM
enon

Could be a neutral safety switch. Not familiar with the vehicles, but that is where I would start.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:15 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Try Starter relay.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:40 PM
jamally

..found a wiring diagram,, turns out the starter relay wasn't getting grounded. The ground is developed by the neutral-safety switch - which turns out to be on the valve body in the transmission. Of course, after burrowing into the trans, i found out my neutral solenoid was okay, and that the problem is really in the wiring harness somewhere. Since the harness is no longer available - i'm off to the bone yard.....

Quick Reply: dash lights, but no starter crank