Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

95 intrepid

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 10:44 PM
MrEman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 intrepid

Okay. I have a 95 Intrepid. For the most part it is the single most dependable used car I have ever owned. However every once in a while. This is one of those times. I drove the car to work the other morning. Not one problem along the way. Worked my shift, went to start the car, and nothing. It turns over just fine. There is gas in the car. Battery is up. Lights work. I have checked the items one can check "on the spot" so to speak. This happened once before. At that time it turned out to be a broken wire, that is in the harness under the driver side fender. I suspect that it will be the same again. As the two incedents are nearly indentical. Is there a way I can isolate this wire myself, and fix it? I am by no stretch of the imigination a mechanic. Would this be better left to a professional?

Also there are some minor concerns I have as well. Recently there was a period of time, where I was not driving the car daily. Sometimes maybe only once or twice a week. Then one day I got in the car. It started right up, but no radio, or radio clock/display. Then the display would begin to show. Yet no sound. Then I'd get sound, but all static. Then even if I turned off the radio manually, I'd still hear the static. I consider tha quite odd. I mean the radio was switched off. This happened about three times. Now that I am driving nearly daily again, I have no such problem. is this in any way related to the problem I am experiencing now?

Then there is the fule gauge. Every now and then, usually between three quarters to one quater (as indicated by the gauge), the needle will drop to the empty line. The car continues to run. No loss of perfromance. Just the needle drops to empty and the low fuel light comes on. However I am never low on fuel. Nor does the drive ability seem to be affected in any way. Could this also be realted to the current problem?

Thanks to all that take the time to read this, and for any help that may be forthcoming.

Quick Reply: 95 intrepid