Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

Help - girl friend's 2000 ES - high beams won't turn off!

Old 11-18-2006, 02:15 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - girl friend's 2000 ES - high beams won't turn off!

Can someone please help me with this. My girl friend is out of town for the weekend and during her drive, people started flashing their high beams at her. She hit the dimmer and the dash light indicated that she was on her low beams, but she wasn't. No matter what she did, the lights would not dim. To top it off, when she reached her destination, the lights would not turn off. They wouldn't turn off and still wouldn't change from high to low beam. Called a mechanic and finaly got the lights to turn off. I'm thinking it's the dimmer switch in the steering column that has gone bad or shorted out. Any ideas? Can someone, pardon the pun, shed some light on this for me? Any idea what it's gonna cost to have that dimmer switch replaced?

Thanks very much.

dave

Old 12-06-2006, 05:30 PM
RUS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help - girl friend's 2000 ES - high beams won't turn off!

I thinking, if the dash light indicator working correctly, and idicating high\low beams, dimmer switch in the steering column, is ok. It may be high\low beams relay, or body control module, which controlling all in this car.. May be diagnose it before replace that dimmer switch?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help - girl friend's 2000 ES - high beams won't turn off!