Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

Mutifunction Switch

Old 12-27-2006, 08:15 PM
phil.crider@state.nm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mutifunction Switch

Hello,
I have a 1999 Dodge Intrepid, ES. The rotating part of the turn signal switch, which controls the windsheild wipers, recently broke off. I bought a multifunction switch, and took the steering column shrouds off. How do I remove the two self-tapping screws? Do I need to remove the steering wheel? What other suprises await me?
Thank you!

Old 01-19-2007, 01:03 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mutifunction Switch

Mine is a 97, so I'm not sure if this is the same, but here it is after the upper and lower column shrouds have been removed:

1. Tilt the column up & remove the one steering column tilt lever screw at the base of lever. Remove tile lever and shroud. (this may be the part you hadn't done)
2. Using a screwdriver in place of the lever, tilt the column down. Remove the two mounting screws on the switch and remove the switch. remove the wiring from the hooks and disconnect the two electrical connections from the multi-function switch. Remove the switch , install is the reverse.

It sounds to me that the steering wheel d/n need to be removed, only the tilt lever to gain access.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mutifunction Switch