Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

1997 Dodge Intrepid Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 04:40 PM
golgo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Dodge Intrepid Keyless Entry

I just recently purchased a 1997 Intrepid this past weekend. It has power door locks and windows. I was wondering if I could put keyless entry into this or if it already has it, just doesnt have the remotes and a way to check. Also, do you have any recommended systems to use if it can take keyless entry

I dont know a whole lot about cars and found this forum which looks like a encyclopedia of information.

Thank you

edit: Noticed I didnt get this in the 1st generation forum, if a mod can move that wold be great.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:43 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1997 Dodge Intrepid Keyless Entry

Mine came with the keyless entry. It is an ES though. I'm not totally sure if yours has it, but you can do a test. Locate the Data Link Connector under the instrument pnl right of the steering column. Ground pin 1 (it should be marked, but I think it's the top left pin). If the locks lock and then unlock, this means the receiver is ready to receive the transmitter code. Other than that, you would have to see if you have the keyless entry module. It is held on the passenger side structural duct, under the instrument pnl top cover. You can buy a transmitter at the dealer. It should come with the lock, unlock andtrunk release button. Repeat the grounding procedure, and press any button on the xmitter to set the code. The locks will cycle to confirm programming. If you purchased a second xmitter, now press any button on it, and wait for the locks to cycle. When done, remove the ground wire. If you don't have the module, I'm sure the dealer will also sell you one of those!! Of course there is also the junkyard. If it were me, I would use the factory keyless, as it's intergraded with the alarm, and would be better than having to splice in an after market. Let me know how it works out for you.

Quick Reply: 1997 Dodge Intrepid Keyless Entry