Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

!st Journey owner?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 05:58 AM
libbyrafus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: !st Journey owner?

Recall notification below. Besides the recall, which of course I wouldn't have known about until it was to late had Dodge not sent me a notice. I also have an odd noise like something is rubbing when I turn hard left. Hopefully while it is in for the recall work they can figure this out as well.
SAFETY RECALL H21 – ENGINE WIRING HARNESS ROUTING
Dear: (Name)
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle
Safety Act.
Chrysler has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in some
2009 model year
Dodge Journey vehicles equipped with a 3.5L engine.
The problem is...
The engine wiring harness on your vehicle
(VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) may chafe
on the left transaxle mount. This could cause a short circuit and result in an engine
compartment fire.
What your dealer
will do...
Chrysler will repair your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor).
To do this, your
dealer will inspect the engine wiring harness for damage, repair it if necessary, and
reroute the wiring harness away from the left transaxle mount. The work will take about
½ hour to complete. However, additional time may be necessary depending on service
schedules.
What you must
do to ensure your
safety...
Simply
contact your dealer right away to schedule a service appointment. Ask the
dealer to hold the parts for your vehicle or to order them before your appointment.
Remember to bring this letter with you to your dealer.
If you need help...
If you have questions or concerns which your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact
Chrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
Please help us update our records, by filling out the attached prepaid postcard, if any of the conditions listed
on the card apply to you or your vehicle.
If you have already experienced this condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may send your original
receipts and/or other adequate proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement: Chrysler Recall
Customer Assistance, P.O. Box 21-8007, Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8007, Attention: Reimbursement.
If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may
submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New
Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 20590, or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236
(TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
We're sorry for any inconvenience, but we are sincerely concerned about your safety. Thank you for your
attention to this important matter.
Customer Services Field Operations
Chrysler
Notification Code H21

Note to lessors receiving this recall: Federal regulation requires that you forward this recall notice to the lessee within 10 days.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:52 PM
CT09Journey

Thanks, I'll have to mention it the next time I have a service to do Safety Recall H21

Old 07-18-2008, 08:37 PM
libbyrafus

Recall work completed today. After complaining at 2 other dealerships about an odd noise when turning left. The third one determined it was the power stearning pump. New one on order, I hope it is the fix.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Houndog101

Damn, 3 dealers to get problem fixed.. Please keep us updated as to the PS pump, Thanks..

Old 07-28-2008, 04:30 PM
crh47

I can tell you right now it is not the ps pump. I am a member of another forum of journey owners. Lots of them, including myself, have this "grinding" noise when making hard left turns. Some have had the ps pump replaced and the noise was still there. Some have even had the entire exhaust system replaced. That fixed it, but I'm waiting for something simpler.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Houndog101

ORIGINAL: crh47

I can tell you right now it is not the ps pump. I am a member of another forum of journey owners. Lots of them, including myself, have this "grinding" noise when making hard left turns. Some have had the ps pump replaced and the noise was still there. Some have even had the entire exhaust system replaced. That fixed it, but I'm waiting for something simpler.
What other forum Bud,, Thsi ones kinda slow,, thanks, Ted O.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:02 PM
crh47

www.dodgejourneyforum.com

They have actually pinpointed the problem. The power steering fluid resevoir is too small. When a left turn is made, the fluid shifts and the pump sucks air in, creating the cavitation sound. A case number to give the dealers has been established. You can find detailed info. in the above forum under the thread named TSB's, Recall and Maintenance, then click on "Rubbing Noise When Turning Left."

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: !st Journey owner?