Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

WAS Considering a Journey for a second vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:32 PM
EDinNB
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@jkeaton you just closed the door on the Journey for me....I had a '95 Intrepid...Crappy lights, before I bought the '02 Interepid I told the salesman I was driving it after dark and If it had headlights as bad as the '95 there would be no sale.... the lights on the '02 were great BTW. Now we come to the '05 Dakota... worst set of headlights I've ever had I installed a pr of dual bubl aux lights behind the grill that I could project a totally of 760 watts of 6000K white light and still they were marginal... No thanks if the Journey had crap for headlights they are off the list... End of story i guess

EDinNB

Old 12-03-2012, 06:48 PM
billygoatgruff

I have a 2009 Journey se four banger. i was a little surprise that the milage isn't there. drives nice and the price was right. I knew they had a bad brake problem, but i can put up with that for the seven seats.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:53 PM
greenmachineiijh
Amateur

As others have said, do you homework and look at every forum for every car you are interested in. I believe what HammerZ71 said is true. I think you will find there are a lot of complaints across the board because people are more willing to post issues than an arbitrary praise.

I have a 2009 SXT and have had minimal issues. The four cylinder version is a joke and that should never have been an option on this large and heavy vehicle. The mileage and get-up-and-go is really is bad in the four cylinder. I test drove both and immediately concluded that was a bad idea.

Not sure what the issue is for the headlights. The Journey we have has very bright and detailed headlights. Good spread pattern with distance and all.

For the AWD requirements, what is the real issue? You want a cheap car with AWD and are complaining that you can not have both. I am not knocking you, but it is the way it is. Look elsewhere or cough up the money to get what you REALLY want.

We have had two issues with our journey. Both were taken care of by Chrysler at the dealer and not the dealer themselves. I called Chrysler Customer Care directly. One issue was for a recall and one was not covered by a recall and out of warranty. We were over the warranty mileage by several thousand and they still fixed it for free.

Quick Reply: WAS Considering a Journey for a second vehicle