Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Mystery Grinding Noise - 2010 Journey

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 09:12 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
Update: The dealer tells me that Dodge insists that they try replacing the engine mounts before dropping the trans. Almost two weeks now at the dealership.
The passenger side Motor Mount does fail, But I only seen it once in past 2 yrs. It makes a Creaking noise when you accelerate. you can usually duplicate the noise by Brake Torque the vehicle.
But 2 weeks for something small like this is a little... dramatic.
is the dealership you use a Small dealership with like 2 techs?

Old 12-09-2011, 08:30 AM
WhiskeyBravo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's definitely not a creaking sound, but I can understand their desire to rule out the less expensive parts first....although "first" is more like 8th, 9th, or 10th at this point. I don't know. I've lost track.

The dealership is not small by NJ standards, so that's pretty big. I think they have about 8 bays, a whole bunch of mechanics, at least 3 service writers, and a tool room (the one with all the specialty tools in clamshell cases) as big as a 2 car garage.

I don't expect to get my car back any time soon. When they finally figure out what's going on, I hope this thread will serve as a referernce for some other poor soul that runs into the same issue.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:13 PM
WhiskeyBravo
Default Update:

An update for anyone following this thread. The noise was finally fixed just before the holidays. It turned out to be part of the engine mount.

Since then, the windows started giving us problems going up and down. Apparently there is a service bulletin about this issue. Been back twice now for the windows.

Also, the brakes began to pulsate again even though they were repaired under warranty back on August. This time 3 of 4 rotors were replaced.

The dealership gets cold chills when they see my number on caller ID now. They tell me I'm RED FLAGGED by Dodge Corporate. Whatever that means.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:05 PM
WhiskeyBravo
Default Final Update

I wanted to give everyone who was following this post my final update. Chrysler agreed to a vehicle buy-back under NJ Lemon Law. The Journey is finally off my driveway and out of my hair.

Thank you to everyone who was following this thread. Hopefully this thread will be a reference for others in the future. We were a Dodge family for the past 40 years starting with a Cornet Custom Wagon followed by a long string of Caravans and T&C before the Journey. That tradition has finally ended.

Last edited by WhiskeyBravo; 04-13-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:49 AM
Dodge da bullet
Default Same issue;

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
An update for anyone following this thread. The noise was finally fixed just before the holidays. It turned out to be part of the engine mount.

Since then, the windows started giving us problems going up and down. Apparently there is a service bulletin about this issue. Been back twice now for the windows.

Also, the brakes began to pulsate again even though they were repaired under warranty back on August. This time 3 of 4 rotors were replaced.

The dealership gets cold chills when they see my number on caller ID now. They tell me I'm RED FLAGGED by Dodge Corporate. Whatever that means.
I've had the same issue. What motor mount specifically?

Quick Reply: Mystery Grinding Noise - 2010 Journey