Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2010 Dodge Journey remote start problems in the cold

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 03:44 PM
slmoore
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2010 Dodge Journey remote start problems in the cold

I have a 2010 Dodge Journey with factory installed remote start. Last year and this year, as soon as the winter hit and it got really cold outside, my remote start stopped working. I would go to start it, it would turn on and immediately shut off after about 2 seconds. I am also getting a check service engine light on as well. I can't remember the code, but it has something to do with the cold. Any suggestions?

Last year when I had this problem, I had to take it to dealership and they had to fix it. I am taking my SUV in again to get it fixed this year as well, but I won't have a warranty for very long to keep fixing this problem. Is there any way I can stop this from happening or what I could do to fix the problem so I won't have to worry about taking it into dealership?

Old 12-15-2011, 07:37 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, what's the exact code, do you still have the reciept/documentation for the repair? We'll need more info to get u any advice.
If it has been the EXACT same problem and multiple repair without sucess, you should call chrysler customer service and see what they can do. But you HAVE to have all your documentation ready to answer any question they ask you.

Another solution is get a Chrysler extended waranty.

Old 12-16-2011, 12:46 PM
slmoore
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's returning a 'cold start rough idle' code. I think I might still have the paperwork from the last time I took my vehicle in to get fixed, but it's probably in storage right now.

Quick Reply: 2010 Dodge Journey remote start problems in the cold