Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

seat belt chime

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 07:28 AM
braim_56
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat belt chime

bought a new journey 2 weeks ago.
all wheel drive,keyless.
would like to disable the seat belt alarm
for the 1/4 mile trips to the store.
anyone know of the simple way to do
this?

Last edited by braim_56; 04-01-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:50 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

look around the internet for

becareful tho, if you do get into an accident, airbag will still blow off

Old 05-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Medic1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not going to tell you how to live your life but just give you a couple pieces of advice.

1. Airbags go off with a lot of force. You moving forward at high speed because your unrestrained and it deploying at high speed equals an impact of double.

2. You can't account for other drivers. Even a 1/4 mile trip to the store you could get into a collision, blow a tire or have another mechanical malfunction and strike a tree, pole or roll the car

You don't want to see what an unbelted driver vs a belted driver look like in the same wreck. I have seen fatalities in collisions as low as 25-30mph.

I am not going to sit here on a pedestal and lecture you or anything. We have all been guilty at one time or another of not buckling up. I used to do it all the time until the first time I saw a seatbelt make the difference between life and death (not trying to be dramatic) and now I never go without. Take the advice or leave it, it's your own life, but please be educated about the reality of driving without a seatbelt.

Last edited by Medic1; 05-12-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Quick Reply: seat belt chime