Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

replacing keyfob housing for a 2009 Journey

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Jessica PB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing keyfob housing for a 2009 Journey

Hello everyone,

I guess I'm here looking for reassurance that I can do this myself, and one question.

situation: the external part of my keyfob basically disintegrated/cracked a massive piece off of it (to the point that the emergency key will not stay inside). I do have both keys, the broken one WORKS still. My fob has 4 buttons: panic, unlock, lock, and auto-start (auto-start was factory installed).

I really just need to replace the external components and intend on using the original emergency key from the broken fob. Can someone just reassure me that I can do this myself? This is a clear and easy process using the directions in the owners manual right? And my auto-start will work too? Akk I'm feeling dumb but it seems stupid to have the dealer do this, considering the cost! Thanks!

Old 06-05-2012, 08:48 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

well, if you do not want to buy a new key, they sells rubber sleeves that wraps around the key fob to hold it together at the dealership, or ebay.
they look like this

Last edited by steak59; 06-05-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Quick Reply: replacing keyfob housing for a 2009 Journey