Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2010 Journey trans cooler

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 09:25 PM
DjAaron
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Journey trans cooler

Hey guys I wanted to find out if any of you have put a trans cooler on your Journey. Our car didn't come with the tow prep package and really didn't notice it didn't until a week or so later. So we went to Uhaul and had the hitch put on and the wiring done but I really would like to put a cooler on it.

Right now the most we pull is a single jet ski but we would like to get another ski next year. I am heading out to the river next weekend for a family trip but I would like to get a cooler if possible because I have to drive through the desert and temps are supposed to hit a a high of 112* and I will be pulling a decent hill on the way so I just want to make sure I am covered so nothing happens.

Also has anyone changed the trans oil in theirs and put something better then stock?

Old 07-31-2012, 01:33 PM
ConserVet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Cooler

If you have the 3.5 liter/6 speed automatic it already has a cooler. The trailer package may have a larger, separate unit but the "base model" cooler is integrated with the radiator. You can see the cooler lines running from the top of the transmission case under the airbox into the radiator on the driver's side.

My Dakota also has this integrated-type transmission cooler, and its got the HD trailering package. I've pulled 3000 to 5000 pound camping trailers up and down gnarly West Virginia hills as well as open, flat interstates and never had an issue.

Quick Reply: 2010 Journey trans cooler