Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Wiring in Steering column haywire

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Jwernlund
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Wiring in Steering column haywire

Looked up recalls for my 09' Dodge Journey with no active recalls.
Brights don't switch on, wipers continuously run, turn signal doesn't work, and sprayers dont work. Only thing in the steering column that does work is the cruise control.

Also driver side window is also inop. Is there by chance a relay or switch that controls these devices. All fuses are in working order and not burnt out. Please help this is the family vehical and my wife and kids are always in this vehical. Thanks

Old 11-26-2012, 06:18 AM
Brucebotti
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first set of problems sounds like it is your multi-function switch which handles all the functions you mention (except the window). I had a similar issue with an '05 Jeep Liberty. The part was only abot $60, and it wasn't too difficult to change.

On the window issue, I had a similar problem with my son's '08 Avenger (passenger side window). After troubleshooting, I found that it was the driver's side window switch. This was also $60 from the dealer and about an hour to replace. I'm sure others could do it much quicker.

Hope this helps,
Bruce

Quick Reply: Wiring in Steering column haywire