Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

how do I get Navigation in my 2011 Mainstreet Journey

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 06:21 PM
snoozecrew
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do I get Navigation in my 2011 Mainstreet Journey

Do I need to purchase something to get navigation in My 2011 Mainstreet? would I purchase a CD or does Sirius have something. Can someone give me details of how I would do this or what sites I could research this?
Thanks,
Charlene

Old 09-29-2013, 09:47 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Welcome to DF! Need a little more info. Are you wanting to add aftermarket navigation unit or what?

Old 09-30-2013, 08:13 AM
rg92fm

More than likely would need a new radio head unit module, which can be pricey if it didnt come with gps, Sirius is just radio not navigation. It can be done just not cheap or easy. A cd wont do it. A trip to WalMart would be the cheapest and easiest way for a Garmin. Here is a site that has more forums on that subject http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/

Old 10-01-2013, 05:29 PM
snoozecrew

Thank you for your response. yes, i am looking to add it after market. I will do more research to see if it is available. the problem with getting an external navigation is that I have trouble seeing the screen when driving. The sales rep made it sound so easy and inexpensive to add it. I will check back with him to see costs of adding it. Has anyone else added navigation after market? I have a 2011 Journey Mainstreet. I purchased it January 2013.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:27 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Check out products offers by

http://www.navtv.com/

They also provide installation instruction. I've seen ppl who used it, works fine. But there will be an occasionally glitch where you have to disconnect the car battery for a reset to fix. By occasionally, I mean once every few months.

Quick Reply: how do I get Navigation in my 2011 Mainstreet Journey