Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Tires for better suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 06:47 PM
kwanbis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires for better suspension?

Hi guys! I have a Dodge Journey 2012 produced in Mexico, which I very much like. It is very comfortable for the family.

Problem is that is a little bit “jumpy”, especially when not heavily loaded. Now the tires, size 17, are pretty much degraded, so I need to change them.

The dealer offered some yokohama tires, but I want to know what would be the best or better options of brand/model that would provide more cushion to the Journey, so that it does not jumps so much when it is very lightly loaded.

Also, would moving to 19 size wheels (rings?) provide more cushion? What brand/model would you recommend for size 19?

English is not my mother language, so I might not have expressed completely correct.

THANKS!

Last edited by kwanbis; 02-25-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:52 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

19's will not give you a smoother ride as the tire sidewall height will be less for a 19" tire compared to a 17" tire. I personally like Kuhmo's. Your best bet is to read online reviews of your possible choices and make the decision based on that. Everyone will have their own personal opinion on tires so take tire recommendations from others with that in mind.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:22 AM
kwanbis

Originally Posted by jkeaton
19's will not give you a smoother ride as the tire sidewall height will be less for a 19" tire compared to a 17" tire. I personally like Kuhmo's. Your best bet is to read online reviews of your possible choices and make the decision based on that. Everyone will have their own personal opinion on tires so take tire recommendations from others with that in mind.
So, I was offered the Yokohama 225 65 17 102H, does it means any 225 65 17 would work? Or is there anything else I should look for?

Old 02-26-2014, 10:47 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Is the dealer offering to replace your current tires due to the ride issue orr sell you new tires?If the dealer "recommends" them, then they should work. I would shop around though for the best price. I would also inform the dealer about your ride issue and see if they think the Yokohama's will give a better ride quality.

What exactly is your car doing? What does "a little jumpy" mean?

Old 02-26-2014, 11:37 AM
kwanbis

Originally Posted by jkeaton
What exactly is your car doing? What does "a little jumpy" mean?
It means that whenever we get a hole in the road, the journey jumps very much on the back seats, and here the streets are terrible.

Quick Reply: Tires for better suspension?