Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

radio stopped working 2012 journey

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 04:10 PM
bb12journey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio stopped working 2012 journey

i have a 2012 dodge journey. and the radio touch screen just went out! What can i do to get it fixed???

Old 03-06-2014, 06:14 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Only a couple things you can do yourself on those things. Disconnect the battery for a bit, may "reboot" the electronics. Check the fuses as well. You should still be under warranty, so a trip to the dealer may be in order.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:33 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bb12journey
i have a 2012 dodge journey. and the radio touch screen just went out! What can i do to get it fixed???
bb12journey,

Welcome to the forum! There is a lot of great information that can be found here.

In some cases the cause for your radio display to go out may be something simple, such as a loose connection. It is also possible that a software update may be available. As @jkeaton has advised, being a 2012 Journey, you likely still have warranty coverage. I would recommend bringing it to your servicing dealer for diagnosis.

Keep us posted if you can.

Old 03-07-2014, 05:21 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

See the dealer after you try a reset. I have seen several of the base radios go dead because of an "over temperature" sensor in the radio will shut them down. The "radio" unit is behind the AC/Heat controls, the screen is just a slave.

Old 03-08-2014, 02:37 AM
bb12journey

Thanks I'll do that

Old 03-08-2014, 07:12 AM
Ram Tuff
Rookie

I have a 2012 journey r/t awd and it had radio problems , last summer it kept going out until one day it never came back on. Dodge replaced it under warranty.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:04 AM
bb12journey

Nice I'll just take it back to the dealer.maybe they will fix it

Old 03-25-2014, 03:22 PM
Bpark

Hello All!!

I have a 2013 with the same issue. The radio screen goes blank and there is no radio or controls to the climate (rear controls worked but only blew air from the floorboards). I have had it four times to be exact.

The first time-
took it in to the dealer, said that the radio was bad. They ordered a new and replaced it the next day. Issue was fixed.

The second time-
took it to the dealer, said that the software was out of date. They re-flashed the unit. Issue was fixed.

The third time-
took it to the dealer, said the radio was bad and the software was out of date. They replaced the radio and re-flashed the unit. Issue was fixed.

The fourth time-
car surpassed it's 36,000 mile warranty. Removed the battery cables for 30 min and reconnected. No change. Unit does not work. Issue not fixed.

Being out of the warranty and the history of the unit, I would prefer to replace the display with an aftermarket one???? Or get my hands on the "software" to update it myself?

I am concerned that the functions of the stock unit will vary to an aftermarket unit. I do not use any of the u-connect features. Has anyone swapped out this before and if so, some model numbers and input would be helpful.

Any help to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

It's not too fun to drive in a hot silence....

Old 03-26-2014, 02:12 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just call Chrysler Corporate customer care, they'll usually warranty it again if your are barely out of warranty and being a 2013.

And there is almost no way you can throw any Aftermarket unit in, as the Radio controls a lot of stuff such an HVAC and Lighting.

Quick Reply: radio stopped working 2012 journey