Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Dash Lights are brightening when I use the turn signal

Old 12-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Abbycarb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash Lights are brightening when I use the turn signal

I own a 2009 Dodge Journey. Recently if my head lights are on and I am using my turn signal, my Dash lights will brighten. They return to normal once I have turned the signal light off. Any suggestions as to what the issue may be?

Old 12-01-2014, 12:52 PM
bigtsr
Captain

It could be a poor ground path for either the instrument
cluster or the turn signals , I would you should visit a good
automotive electrician or a dealer you feel confident in.
Have you had the wiring recall done on your 2009 as per Chrysler?

Old 12-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Abbycarb
Angry possessed dodge journey

To go along with the dimming dash lights, yesterday while driving over a rough, icy road, the electric trottle light came on and the car felt like it lost some power. I stopped and read the manual which instructed to put the car in park and restart it and if the light did not remain on, it was OK to drive. I did this and the light went out. I drove home then later went out again and the car lost a bit of power and the battery light came on......WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?

Old 12-09-2014, 08:28 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Abbycarb
To go along with the dimming dash lights, yesterday while driving over a rough, icy road, the electric trottle light came on and the car felt like it lost some power. I stopped and read the manual which instructed to put the car in park and restart it and if the light did not remain on, it was OK to drive. I did this and the light went out. I drove home then later went out again and the car lost a bit of power and the battery light came on......WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?
The battery charging system should be checked. Does the vehicle have the original battery?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dash Lights are brightening when I use the turn signal