Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

L25 Recall ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 10:05 AM
montoya13
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L25 Recall ??

Hi friends,

so as I moved in a new house a couple of months ago, I realized I didn't give my new address to the car dealer where I bought my 2009 Journey. Not a big deal since the customer care is so bad I'll never go back there, but then I thought "hey, what about recalls ?".

So I searched online for recalls with my 17 Digit VIN and found out the L25 Recall was not fixed on my car... Weird thing is: it's diplayed as a 2011 recall on www.moparownerconnect.com, but everywhere else it looks as a 2014 recall...

Of course I called a Dodge dealer near home (not the one where I bought mine obviously) and the "super friendly" guy said they're waiting for parts, no idea when they'll have them and then almost hung up on me as I was trying to know more on the process...

so my question is: WTF is this recall ?? Is it new, old, bad, dangerous ?

Old 02-19-2015, 10:27 AM
wiman

Recall is for the ignition switch.They say if You have a bunch of keys on the fob it might cause the switch to turn off.This could kill the engine and cause no airbag function.Remedy at this time is to remove all keys from the fob.They say that They are making an effort to provide parts as soon as possible.But ,no parts yet.They will send a follow-up notice when parts are available.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:23 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You probably won't like how your key feels after the recall is done. If you have a problem with the key popping to OFF, get it done.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:48 AM
montoya13
Amateur

no we never had the key popping to off. Wifey drives it everyday and has a bunch of keys with the key fob, but never had this problem...
So could I just forget that recall..?

Quick Reply: L25 Recall ??