Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2010 Journey whining sound when turning

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 09:43 AM
Burnaby Jan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2010 Journey whining sound when turning

My 2010 Dodge Journey is making a whining sound (not constant) when I make a left or right turn. Power steering fluid is topped up and I've had the transmission flushed last December. It has just under 100,000 km. How can I get to the bottom of it?

Old 02-21-2017, 10:31 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Isolate where the sound is coming from. Pump or rack?

Old 06-14-2017, 10:32 AM
kandarinas

I have a 2010 3.6 V6, and the whining noise I hear is intermittent, usually happens when making sharper turns, and sounds like it's coming from the rack and not the pump. I'd like to know if you found out what this is so I can fix mine too.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:31 PM
Wayne Powers
Default recall

My wife's 2009 was OK then we took it in for the factory recall and since then she has been on my case, like I did the recall. I heard a sound once but it was a quick shutter type noise, I have asked her how often it happens and all I get is sometimes. I took it to an empty parking lot and did right circles then left circles and repeated it in reverse. There was no sound, just to satisfy her, I bought a bottle of that Lucas power steering fluid and removed some of the factory fluid and refilled with the Lucas. In the last few weeks she hasn't mentioned it, so I've got my fingers crossed.