Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

flashlight battery

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 11:41 PM
Wayne Powers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flashlight battery

We bought a used Journey and I saw the little flashlight in the back, and you know the battery was dead. I went to the Dodge dealer and the parts guy told me they did not have any and that they don't order them anymare, go to a battery store. Now as a survivor of not one but 2 heart attacks, it was a good thing I phoned the battery store, because my nitro was close by. $85.00 for a battery. Then to top it off it would be a couple of months to get one, no thanks. I checked ebay and ordered one from China and again about 2 months but only $30.
As I looked at that Varta battery it looked familiar and I realized that 9 volt rechargeable nicads have 6, 1.2 volt cells that look similar. I rummaged through drawers and found a 20 year old 9 volt battery. When I cracked it open, I was right those cells were the same thickness, so I took one out and it slid into the flashlight. I plugged the light back into the holder and next day the flashlight was working. Oh I know it isn't much of a big deal but, it was just the challenge to see if it would work. Today the vara VT 500 battery arrived, so I changed back, but say you are going to sell your journey and a buyer asks what is this, you can use the old cell from a 9 volt, to have it working like it should