Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2012 uconnect and TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 10:56 PM
thisfish
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 uconnect and TPMS

• I recently brought my journey in to have it flashed because the uconnect wasn't working. After getting it back from the dealership the uconnect worked but I noticed that the TPMS had stopped working and was just showing an N/A at the main menu and then a dash beside each tire when I entered into the menu. It was working prior to being flashed by the dealership. They're now telling me that the computer doesn't recognize my vehicle as having sensors at all.
Has anyone run into this issue with their tire pressure monitors after flashing the uconnect? How was it resolved?

Last edited by thisfish; 07-28-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:14 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

iirc, uconnect and the tpm are different system and not related...the tpm system consists of 4 tpm sensors, the wireless control module and displays it in the evic via CAN bus communication....so this should not happen from a flash.

ask the dealership to register your tpm sensors.

Old 07-29-2017, 01:48 PM
thisfish
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I can ask about that.

On the 2012 SXT do you know if they used a physical sensor or is it based on the ABS and outside temp? If it makes a difference it would have been the setup from factory.

Last edited by thisfish; 07-29-2017 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:04 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

your vehicle has 1 sensor per tire. the sensors read the pressure and value is displayed in the evic.

abs based tpm systems use rotational wheel speed data (temperature is not a factor) and calculate rotational differences. this is used to perceive a flat tire. abs based tpm systems cannot display a pressure value.