Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Big Improvement Stopping

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 09:06 PM
RichG101
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Improvement Stopping

I drive mountain roads allot and the brakes on my 2010 Journey SXT lack stopping confidence one wants on a twisty downhill road. Last year I replaced the front disc rotors with drilled and slotted MAX units and Carbon Ceramic pads. Amazing difference, no fade and no warping of the rotors. This weekend I replaced the rear rotors with Drilled and slotted units from MAX and Carbon Ceramic pads. I haven't measured the actual stopping difference, but the feel of increased G-force is very noticeable and amazing.
Now the one thing I wasn't expecting, the dome and map lights would not go off after the car was shut off. They stayed on while driving and no matter what I did with the light switch, they stayed on.
I tried to find an answer for this issue on this forum, but found nothing. I pulled the fuses for the lights, ABS computer, and control center. Replaced them and the lights now work normally.
Assumption: When the brake fluid level dropped after bleeding the rear lines, the ABS system created an error alert. Now it is not described anywhere, so I assume you have to take the car to the dealer complaining of the lights. The dealer tops off the Brake fluid and uses a computer interface to reset the error. after charging you $100 for the service your on your way.
If your DOME AND MAP LIGHTS STAY ON, top off your brake fluid and pull the fuses.