Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Dodge Journey heater core/hose routing/flushing question

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 08:55 PM
XTR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Journey heater core/hose routing/flushing question

The girlfriends heater core is plugged up, 09 Journey SXT 3.5 with dual zone heat control. Plan is to flush/backflush the heater core.. I`m trying to access the heater core at the ends of the heater hose lines, not directly off the heater core where it comes off the firewall, for sanity`s sake, so humor me..

Found the inlet/outlet hoses on the firewall, one end goes to thermostat,*where I plan to disconnect the line at to flush* the other one goes behind the engine. ... I thought I followed it correctly out to the passenger side, under the coolant overflow bottle, and down past the ac hardware but that turned out toe be a tranny line. I`ve searched this forum, and the googles, but no luck.... Any help most appreciated.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:53 PM
XTR

Soooo.... took it in for a flush.. core was nice and clean, all the vents/flaps are working just fine... Shop was thinking maybe its some sort of software issue with the module that controls the heat??? Anyone have any experience or input??

Old 12-06-2017, 01:37 PM
XTR

Vehicle has the tow package, which includes an additional factory oil cooler installed between the engine and the oil filter that has coolant lines running to it.. Talked to local shop that said this is something that their troubleshooting software has documented 39 times.. My question is this... What is the coolant path? Does the source coolant line go to the oil cooler, and then to the heater core??? Trying to find a diagram that actually shows the oil cooler on it, and not having any luck....

Old 12-06-2017, 01:47 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Sorry, I've owned Journeys since 2009 and never had a reason to check these things. Good luck.

Old 01-10-2018, 11:15 AM
XTR

Sooooo.. I`ve learned more about this POS Dodge Journey than I care to.... UGH... Heres what I`ve found... Heater core and oil cooler are fine.. Tstat functions as it should.. Both sides of car blow great cold air/ac..and both sides will blow warmer air than ambient when switched over to hot, you can hear the servos moving... Recirc actuator door visually functioning, mode *floor-dash etc visually functioning... My question is this..... Where is the blend door/heater core bypass door/servo to tell the system to blow hot air from the heater core or ambient temperature air from outside? My current hunch is that the blend/bypass door isnt operating 100% as it should.... Anyone know where its located on the HVAC assembly?