Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2013 Dodge journey SXT Bluetooth parts ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 05:32 PM
Bash_Man
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Dodge journey SXT Bluetooth parts ?

Hi everyone,
I have a 2013 Dodge journey sxt V6 with 8.4" Uconnect. According to the factory specs based on the VIN, it shows that the car is Bluetooth ready but not Bluetooth equipped.

The dealership put in a parrot blurtooth unit at time of purchase due to an advertising error, but I am very unhappy with it.

Anyone able to help with me with part numbers as far as what I would need to have factory integrated Bluetooth?. When I talk to the dealership they tell me to call Dodge Canada. When I talk to Dodge Canada they tell me the car should already have all that based on the VIN.
​​​​​
Also, currently the 8.4" Uconnect doesn't have the phone icon. Would I need to replace the head unit as well ? Or is that a software "thing" and phone icon will show up once Bluetooth module and required parts are installed ?

The steering wheel have a Voice Command button on the steering wheel.

Any assistance is great.

Many Thanks

Old 02-11-2018, 10:25 PM
Bash_Man
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bash_Man
Hi everyone,
I have a 2013 Dodge journey sxt V6 with 8.4" Uconnect. According to the factory specs based on the VIN, it shows that the car is Bluetooth ready but not Bluetooth equipped.

The dealership put in a parrot blurtooth unit at time of purchase due to an advertising error, but I am very unhappy with it.

Anyone able to help with me with part numbers as far as what I would need to have factory integrated Bluetooth?. When I talk to the dealership they tell me to call Dodge Canada. When I talk to Dodge Canada they tell me the car should already have all that based on the VIN.
​​​​​
Also, currently the 8.4" Uconnect doesn't have the phone icon. Would I need to replace the head unit as well ? Or is that a software "thing" and phone icon will show up once Bluetooth module and required parts are installed ?

The steering wheel have a Voice Command button on the steering wheel.

Any assistance is great.

Many Thanks
Hi everyone,
Just an Update on this. After spending time looking into this and taking to an after market installer, i was given some suggestions. Long story short, it would appear that the Bluetooth/Telematics Module was taken out of the car for unknown reasons. The hardness and everything else required is already there. The USB looking and multipin cable were just hanging there above the fuel/brake pedals.

I've ordered part number 68222278AA from a dodge parts reseller off of ebay and awaiting for the part to arrive.

Thanks

Old 06-22-2018, 08:48 PM
Bash_Man
Rookie

hi everyone,
Is there someone from Chrysler on this forum that I can speak to directly in regards to this? or anyone that can give me assistance with this ?

I've been to 2 different dealerships now and both are telling me 2 different things. The module I ordered in the post above did not work, I ordered the Bluetooth Kit directly from the 2nd dealership and they tell me it wont work because of my Year of my car (2013) and the Stereo in my car (8.4 uConnect).

Please and thank you.

Quick Reply: 2013 Dodge journey SXT Bluetooth parts ?