Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Dodge Journey 2012 Heater controls

Old 02-17-2018, 07:06 PM
Lakers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Journey 2012 Heater controls

The heat blows out of the front defrost, but will not divert to the vents or to the floor. I have disconnected the battery to reset, but no solution. Anyone have a solution?

Old 02-23-2019, 07:07 PM
stuarto

Just joined the forum after purchasing a 2013 Journey RT.

I have exactly the same problem. Googling seems to indicate that the vents are selected via vacuum rather than actuator (like the heat/cold blend is). I haven't yet figured out where the vacuum hose is the powers the vent selection door.

Only had the car 3 days!

Old 02-25-2019, 12:52 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Either heater core plugging up and/or the passenger blend door hanging up. Passenger side easy to get to, check out you tube for videos on it.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:30 PM
stuarto

I've fixed mine having done a lot of online searching. I think a lot of folk confuse the blend door/actuator with the mode actuator. The blend actuator simply adjusts the blend of hot & cold to achieve the desired temperature. It's the mode actuator that changes where the air actually blows, per the OP's original thread that I also experienced.

The mode actuator sits above the blend actuator. It's a pig to get to and you'll need 8mm socket, as short as possible to get into the space. There's two bolts that are visible in the near top corner and the far bottom corner. There's an "invisible" one that's in the far top corner also. Remove all three and the actuator pulls out, to the right, easily.

I did this and then reconnected the plug and then played with the heater controls. The actuator was working just fine. So, after putting it all back, it still worked fine. I am wondering now whether I needed to remove it at all when whether it just required the "calibration" that people speak of. If I was doing it again, the first thing I would do is simply remove the plug from it and cycle the ignition on/off a few times. Then plug back in and turn ignition on. Given that this required zero effort, it's worth a try.

Good luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dodge Journey 2012 Heater controls