Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Help locating ACC internal fuse

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 10:26 AM
migz16
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help locating ACC internal fuse 2009 Dodge Journey

hello, I知 trying to use an Add a fuse to wire my aftermarket to the ACC fuse. I知 looking at the internal fuse box and I see fuses labeled radio- dvd etc. I知 unsured which ones turn off with the ignition. Any help would be appreciated. I値l add a picture of the fuses box label.

Last edited by migz16; 02-22-2018 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Vague
Old 03-05-2018, 09:23 AM
migz16
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I owe this to anyone searching this forum site for answers. To be honest, you wont find any here besides this post. I will copy and paste this message to all post i added in search for this answer in different questions. It turns out that the 2009 dodge journey radio acc ignition switch is controlled by some internal computer in the car called CAN BUS or DATA. you'll find different references for it but the 2 i just mentioned are it. What that means is that if you are installing aftermarket radio/head unit you wont get AMP power, antenna power, illumination or ignition cut off. you can wire the radio using metra harnesses but you'll have a hard time getting the things i mentioned above. The only way this will work (AS I JUST GOT IT WORKING) is by purchasing a "

C2R-CHY4"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Select-Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-RAM-Radio-AMPLIFIED-VEHICLES-Wiring-Harness-/391269477897

it brings the harness and everything you need for the 2009 odge journey sxt model.

took a long time to find the answers but i can ensure that this is all you need for installing an after market radio/head unit. without this, no matter how you wire the ACC red cable of your aftermarket harness either to fuse, or pink/white under the steering wheel or to a relay your cars battery will drain out after 2 days time.

Quick Reply: Help locating ACC internal fuse