Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2011 Mainstreet

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 11:33 AM
rdayt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Mainstreet

Trying to replace front heater core. Need some guidance on removing the dash.
Dealer wants $1800.
Any help, especially pictures, is greatly appreciated.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:07 PM
migz16

Hey, i have a 2009 journey. i recently found myself needing to replace my heater core. it was plugged up. very low to no heat in NY winter. what i would recommend is to find out if its bad altogether or if its just plugged. what i would do if i were you is look under the sterring wheel. pay close attention to the center console wall. your heater core pipes should be around there. turn your heat on and wait for it to warm up. once warm touch the pipes (don't hold on for more than a second) this will tell you if coolant is flowing through your core. in my situation the pipe going into the core was hot and the one going out was cold. That explained that coolant wasnt flowing. I did a heater core flush (about $100 total in tools needed) and now got heat that would melt ice in seconds. If my symptoms match yours and you want some details on a flush let me know. ill post the youtube videos i saw on doing a heater core flush on a journey.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:31 PM
jws
Default Same

I'm trying to do the same on my mainstreet. I've replaced the rear and front actuators, core is next. We're you able to find anything useful? Closest I've found is vid on a '10. Doesn't look the same under the dash.

Quick Reply: 2011 Mainstreet