Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Loose battery connection???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 03:20 PM
Chuck80
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose battery connection???

Car: 2012 Journey, 2.4 4-Cylinder, only 35K miles!

After 6 years of the battery that came with the vehicle, the car was struggling to start. I opted to replace the battery with a brand-new Interstate battery. Thanks for putting the battery in the wheel well, Chrysler! <grumble>
Test drove the car, it worked fine. A few days later, the car is struggling to start. <grumble>
Another day later, the car won’t start. After a jump it starts. I charged the battery, thinking maybe my problem is my alternator (after 35K miles, I have an alternator problem?!?!?!)
Another day, the car struggles to start. While driving, the check engine light illuminates, and the traction control, Brake, and ABS idiot lights flash. The digital speedometer is going nuts, and the infotainment display is flashing.
I opened the battery compartment again <grumble> and check the battery connection. Seems maybe the car had a loose battery connection. After a successful test drive, I declare the problem fixed.
Another day, after 20 minutes of driving, the check engine light illuminates, and the traction control, brake, and ABS idiot lights flash. Argh!
I’m going to open the battery compartment again <grumble> and slather the posts with dielectric grease, and clamp those fookin’ connections tighter than before.

Is this a loose connection problem, or something else?

Old 05-03-2023, 03:09 PM
Anthony2023

Originally Posted by Chuck80
Car: 2012 Journey, 2.4 4-Cylinder, only 35K miles!

After 6 years of the battery that came with the vehicle, the car was struggling to start. I opted to replace the battery with a brand-new Interstate battery. Thanks for putting the battery in the wheel well, Chrysler! <grumble>
Test drove the car, it worked fine. A few days later, the car is struggling to start. <grumble>
Another day later, the car won’t start. After a jump it starts. I charged the battery, thinking maybe my problem is my alternator (after 35K miles, I have an alternator problem?!?!?!)
Another day, the car struggles to start. While driving, the check engine light illuminates, and the traction control, Brake, and ABS idiot lights flash. The digital speedometer is going nuts, and the infotainment display is flashing.
I opened the battery compartment again <grumble> and check the battery connection. Seems maybe the car had a loose battery connection. After a successful test drive, I declare the problem fixed.
Another day, after 20 minutes of driving, the check engine light illuminates, and the traction control, brake, and ABS idiot lights flash. Argh!
I’m going to open the battery compartment again <grumble> and slather the posts with dielectric grease, and clamp those fookin’ connections tighter than before.

Is this a loose connection problem, or something else?
I have the same problem so tired of my connector loosing up I also be having the same lights going crazy about to just sell car it’s a horrible experience

Old 05-04-2023, 07:49 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony2023
I have the same problem so tired of my connector loosing up I also be having the same lights going crazy about to just sell car it’s a horrible experience
By all means. Sell it! Quick!

Old 06-09-2023, 11:58 AM
Sails

Check all your grounds, add an additional heavy duty ground connection to the engine.
Solved my problems!
Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler products all have electrical problems due to ****ty undersized grounding.

Quick Reply: Loose battery connection???