Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Android stereo

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 11:01 PM
raye jack
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Android stereo

I want to install a Android GPS Navigation Car stereo in my car. Has anyone ever installed? How about this Android car stereo?

Old 03-14-2018, 07:31 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Go for it.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:25 AM
migz16

funny how people suggesting to go for it never answered any questions i had when i was going through what you are trying to do. I successfully installed a similar one on my 2009 dodge journey. 1 thing i want to make sure you get is something called "C2R-CHY4"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Select-Chry...-/391269477897

the dodge journey accessory (red cable that cuts off the radio with ignition" is not on the factory harness. you have to get what i mentioned above to ensure that your android radio cuts off (no power) when the ignition is off and only (powered) when the ignition is on.

i sent 2 months on forums looking for the answer i just gave you and didnt find anything. without this item your battery will drain every 2-3 days guarantee you that. ironically enough the triple A guy who came to give me a boost had a journey with an android system that he installed. he took a look at my wiring as i was trying to fugure out why my radio was draining the battery. he told me to look into "CAN BUS" or C2R-CHY4 and explained how it worked and sure enogh havent had a battery drain since installing it.

this item does more than just that. it controls the illumination (dimmed screen when headlights on) back up camera and most importantly it has the power for amps if your car came equipped with a factory amp.

i know i rambled and said more than you were looking for, but trust me... this item is a must when replacing a dodge journey factory radio.

Old 04-02-2018, 11:12 PM
lmoore1436

Originally Posted by migz16
funny how people suggesting to go for it never answered any questions i had when i was going through what you are trying to do. I successfully installed a similar one on my 2009 dodge journey. 1 thing i want to make sure you get is something called "C2R-CHY4"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Select-Chry...-/391269477897

the dodge journey accessory (red cable that cuts off the radio with ignition" is not on the factory harness. you have to get what i mentioned above to ensure that your android radio cuts off (no power) when the ignition is off and only (powered) when the ignition is on.

i sent 2 months on forums looking for the answer i just gave you and didnt find anything. without this item your battery will drain every 2-3 days guarantee you that. ironically enough the triple A guy who came to give me a boost had a journey with an android system that he installed. he took a look at my wiring as i was trying to fugure out why my radio was draining the battery. he told me to look into "CAN BUS" or C2R-CHY4 and explained how it worked and sure enogh havent had a battery drain since installing it.

this item does more than just that. it controls the illumination (dimmed screen when headlights on) back up camera and most importantly it has the power for amps if your car came equipped with a factory amp.

i know i rambled and said more than you were looking for, but trust me... this item is a must when replacing a dodge journey factory radio.
THIS! The radio in the Dodge Journey (especially with the 8.4" screen controls so much more than the channel. It controls the HVAC, heated seats, wheel, climate controls, etc. The best approach to this is to live with it (MUCH cheaper, and MUCH more convenient). Android auto is good, but if I couldn't use the heated seats in the winter time I would be highly upset.

Quick Reply: Android stereo