Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Wierd location to find brake fluid.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 02:58 AM
Warren Earls
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd location to find brake fluid.

First of all hi all new to the thread,
I been having some issue with my 2013 journey SXT and I would like some better understanding before I take it to the dealer, honestly don't really trust them that well (sad I know).
Had my car serviced oil, fluids checked, and inspected. After vacation a week later I noticed a wierd leak which at first appeared to be oil on the ground coming from the compartments between the front and back seat on the passenger side.
Took it into dealer ship hour later they quickly said it was not oil checked fluids its fine and sent me off. 5 days later I noticed the puddle was back, checked the compartments and there was between 1-2 cups of this fluid.
To check if it was something that was spilled I tasted it...lol no flavor little bit like grease, thicker than the oil in the car but felt like it. So randomly thought of the brakes checked fluid 99 empty. Really don't know how my wife did not notice how puffy the brakes feel.

I would mainly like to know how it could get into the car like that. It appears to drip in down beside the tray that fits in the compartment.
I did not notice any wetness or leaking from around the brakes on the tire. Maybe a brake line?
I have extended 100,000 6-7 year warranty on that car still thats
why I want to be sure where the problem location is before having to toe it and put trust in my shady dealership..
Any ideas where to start searching?
Anyone ever hear about this?
​​​​​​​Simple or complex?

Quick Reply: Wierd location to find brake fluid.