Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Dodge Journey 2010 Diesel - Parking heater installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 03:25 AM
Tumphu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Journey 2010 Diesel - Parking heater installation

Hi,

Some time ago i bought this Dodge Journey 2010 Diesel. I had Webasto ThermoTop C in my old car and im planning to install it to Dodge.
I've allready removed webasto from old car, and now starting installation to Dodge.

I've seek info for fuel line assembly, and it seems that i need to remove fuel tank to get to fuel pump. Webasto installation guide tells me to drill a hole to fuel pump itself, sounds a bit crazy tho.
I found some videos on youtube where they took tank off and shows where fuel pump is, and it seems that there is no outlets in fueltank.

Any hints?

Also, has anyone removed 2nd row seats and interiors? Is there any holes, what has rubber caps on? Im seeking way to get above the tank inside car. I could drill small hole from there and
install webasto fuel line from there. Tank seems to be plastic, and pretty thick. So it could easily be drilled, threaded and glued with proper fuel connection that can be build from brakeline connections or that kind of pipe/connectors.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:29 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 336 Likes on 300 Posts

I have no idea what a Webasto ThermoTop C is...what are you trying to accomplish?

Old 09-27-2018, 11:09 AM
Tumphu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I have no idea what a Webasto ThermoTop C is...what are you trying to accomplish?
Webasto is parking heater like i said. I can use timer to set it preheat my car before i go in to car and start driving.
Here in Finland winter weathers are like -20 to -30 celcius, so its good to heat car engine and inside of it before driving.
https://www.webasto.com/us/markets-products/light-duty-vehicles/heating-systems/

https://www.webasto.com/us/markets-products/light-duty-vehicles/heating-systems/products/thermo-top-c/

You can google webasto, its not new invention but not used in warm countries.

In Finland we need more webasto kind of heaters than AC

Last edited by Tumphu; 09-27-2018 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:21 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 336 Likes on 300 Posts

From what I have read, accessing the fuel pump requires dropping the tank.

Quick Reply: Dodge Journey 2010 Diesel - Parking heater installation