Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Steering Issue

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM
elmor353
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Issue

Hello all, I am the owner of a 2013 Dodge Journey SXT, 2.4l, automatic, 2wd. It had 75,000 miles on it when I bought it. It now has 96,000. To the best of my knowledge, it has never had any major work done and only rear suspension pieces replaced by me.
The issue I'm having is that it pulls to the left, even under light acceleration and jumps back to the right when I let off. I started noticing it about 2 months ago. A former Dodge parts manager suggested it possibly needs rack and pinion bushings.
I'm assuming they are a dealer part, because no one seems to have them, not even RockAuto and they claim to have everything. lol I am a retired do it yourselfer that lives on a fixed income these days, so, I really don't want to take it to the dealer.
However, with that being said, I don't want to risk my family's safety. Any thoughts, knowledge or input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Old Today, 08:05 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

You can replace the whole rack for not that much. They are a couple hundred on ebay.

Quick Reply: Steering Issue