Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

esp/bas light on???

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 10:21 PM
dirty mag
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default esp/bas light on???

just painted my calipers....looks bettr than i thought...anyway ....drivin home the bas/esp light came on ...already tried turnin the wheel back an forth....and disconnecting the battery ...its still on ....!!!!.....please help dont wanna have to drop it off for srvice,,its my only car ....thank you

Old 04-19-2007, 02:00 AM
Magmania
Veteran
Default RE: esp/bas light on???

I had the same problem once right after lowering springs were installed. I did the wheel turn thing also but the light stayed lit. After a couple of days the light went out as mysteriously as it came on.

Give it a few days (if you have'nt already) and it may just go away itself.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:08 PM
kbyrd

Mine has only come on one time. It was right after I installed a Jet chip, throttle body spacer, and CAI all at once. I hit it hard when I took it out for a test driveand the indicator came on, but went away after a power cycle and has remained off to date. Dodge is not new to very sensitive sensors, so you just never know what will trigger one to either malfunction or go bad. Here are some other threads that might give some insight....but you might want to wait it out like MagMania recommended.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_701093/tm.htm

https://dodgeforum.com/m_693398/tm.htm

Old 04-19-2007, 11:32 PM
dirty mag

thanks guys....i read in the manual ..it comes on if the battery is disconnected too....so ....i prob made it stay ...lol...ok ill just wait it out .....

Old 05-12-2007, 02:30 PM
dirty mag

ok waited as long as i could.....dropped it off....it was a brake pressure switch ...i asked the mech if it was something i did ...he said it was just a bad switch ...just lettn u know guys ...thanks for feed back ...

Quick Reply: esp/bas light on???